24.12.11

Happy Birthday Lemmy

Lemmy on Uniforms:
I’ll tell you something about history. From the beginning of time, the bad guys always had the best uniforms. Napoleon, the Confederates, the Nazis. They all had killer-uniforms. I mean, the SS-uniform is fucking brilliant! They were the rock stars of that time. What you’re gonna do, they just look good. Don’t tell me, I’m a Nazi, ‘cause I have uniforms. In 1967 I had my first black girlfriend and a lot of more ever since then. I just don’t understand racism, I never thought it was an option. [Praise Lemmy, New York Waste] 
Then I saw this video. I couldn't and I shouldn't laugh, but I did.



"Another thing people don't understand is my collection of Nazi memorabilia, which really kicked in when I moved here (America). World war 2 artifacts have been around ever since I can remember-after all, I was born the year the war ended, and people were always bringing home souvenirs and shit. I had one dagger when I came over here, and two medals, maybe a flag and an iron cross, and that is all. And like with any hobby, the more you get into it the more interesting it gets, if it has any depth to it. So now I have a huge collection of stuff from wartime Germany-daggers, medals, flags, you name it. I like having all this stuff around because it's a reminder of what happened, and that it's in the past (for the most part-Nazism still exists, but at the margins). I don't understand people who believe that if you ignore something, it'll go away. That's completely wrong - If it's ignored, it gathers strength."
Lemmy is one of the few old people that any Metalhead would be glad to hear talk about the war. You'd have to buy a bottle for this Honorary Member of the Bourbon Appreciation Society. He don't do glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment